Below we provide information about the security and privacy of the Pembridge Vehicle Management Ltd web site. We want all our customers to be confident using our site, particularly the use of personal information.
Use of Personal Information
- We will never send unsolicited email and we will only send you information about our services if requested by you to do so.
- We will not disclose information regarding our clients to third parties unless the client has first given their consent.
- Information collected about the client is used only for the provision of our services to the client. This information is not used for any other purpose.
- If you have any concerns about privacy matters please contact us at email@example.com
- Our system automatically collects your IP address. If you are connected to the Internet you have one, for example it may look something like this 188.8.131.52. This information is stored in our database log and may be referred to in case of any dispute.
The Data Protection Principles
Anyone processing personal data must comply with the eight enforceable principles of good practice. They say that data must be:
- fairly and lawfully processed
- processed for limited purposes
adequate, relevant and not excessive
- not kept longer than necessary
- processed in accordance with the data subject's rights
- not transferred to countries without adequate protection
Personal data covers both facts and opinions about the individual. It also includes information regarding the intentions of the data controller towards the individual, although in some limited circumstances exemptions will apply. With processing, the definition is far wider than before. For example, it incorporates the concepts of 'obtaining', holding' and 'disclosing'.
You can review the Data Protection Principles at www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk
In this section you will find information about the cookies that may be set when you visit this website and how to reject or delete those cookies.
- How to control and delete cookies
- More details of cookies on this website
- Local Shared Objects (Flash Cookies)
1. How to Control and Delete Cookies
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of this website.
This website uses services provided by other companies (e.g. Google) who also set cookies on this website on our behalf in order to deliver the services that they are providing.
If you would like more information about the cookies used by these suppliers, as well as information on how to opt-out, please continue reading.
2. More Details of Cookies on this Website
This is a list of the main cookies set by this website, and what each is used for.
This cookie is stored in the computer's memory only during a user's browsing session and are automatically deleted from the user's computer when the browser is closed.
This cookie stores a session ID that is not personally identifiable to users, allowing the user to move from page to page without having to log-in repeatedly.
Session cookies are never written on the hard drive and they do not collect any information from the user's computer. Session cookies expire at the end of the user's browser session and can also become no longer accessible after the session has been inactive for a specified length of time, usually 20 minutes.
This cookie may also be used to store information such as the contents of a shopping cart or to provide feedback messages to users during your browsing session.
3. Third Party Cookies
This website may use suppliers who also set cookies on this website on its behalf in order to deliver the services that they are providing. For example:
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a number of cookies in order to evaluate your use of this website and enable us to carry out actions including (but not limited to):
- Tracking the number of visitors to this website.
- Monitoring the number of users on the website at any given time.
- Analysing popular content on this website.
Google stores the information collected by these cookies on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
How to reject or delete this cookie: http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacypolicy.html
We sometimes embed photos and video content from websites such as YouTube. As a result, when you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. This website does not control the dissemination of these cookies.
You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
4. Local Shared Objects (Flash Cookies)
This website may use the Adobe Flash Player to deliver its video content using services or software.
Software and services we use includes, for example, YouTube http://www.youtube.com
To improve user experience, Local Shared Objects - or Flash Cookies as they are commonly known - are employed to provide features such as auto-resume and for saving your preferences. Flash Cookies are stored on a user's terminal much the same as cookies are, however it is not possible to manage them at browser level in the same way.
How to Disable Flash Cookies:
The Adobe website provides comprehensive information on how to delete or disable Flash cookies either for a specific domain like bbc.co.uk or for all websites - see http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for details. Please be aware that restricting the use of Flash Cookies may affect the features available to you for Flash based applications such as this website iPlayer.
Please note that if you disable your Flash cookies for this website you may be unable to watch video content